Archive for June, 2010

INTERVIEW: “It was 50yrs of poor leadership in DRC”

https://i0.wp.com/www.ircuk.org/typo3temp/pics/7a9b48469a.jpg
The Democratic Republic of Congo celebrates its Golden Jubilee today. Looking back at a country that has been plagued with civil wars and instability, an aspiring presidential candidate said it has been 50 years of time wasted and milking of the poor to enrich the pockets of the few elites in power. Continue reading ‘INTERVIEW: “It was 50yrs of poor leadership in DRC”’

SA Police: World Cup trophy stolen

https://i0.wp.com/www.blogginghigh.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/World-Cup-trophy-2_6.png

World Cup trophies have been stolen from the Johannesburg temporary headquarters of world football governing body FIFA. The national police commissioner Bheki Cele confirms the report but said the trophies were replica ones that would have taken centre stage at the Soccer City final in Johannesburg on July 11.
Continue reading ‘SA Police: World Cup trophy stolen’

Ghana, the pride of Africa

INTERVIEW: World Must Save DR Congo – Prez Candidate

http://csdtechpd.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/drc_civil_war_congo.jpg

Congolese are against the appointment of General Charles Bisengima as the new boss of the Police Service in the DR Congo. The security capo has been indicted by an International Non-governmental Commission of Inquiry with 19 crimes. His appointment follows the dismissal of former head General John Numbi. Continue reading ‘INTERVIEW: World Must Save DR Congo – Prez Candidate’

Best way to describe Ghana’s win against Serbia

Abi Rotimi: Africa’s top wedding photographer

Abi Rotimi explaining a point to me

Abi Yeni Rotimi is recognized internationally as one of the best African wedding photographers. He photographs a maximum of 35 exclusive wedding adventures a year worldwide. He believes photography is 90 per cent psychology and the remaining 10 per cent technical work. He said he began his current career by mistake. Continue reading ‘Abi Rotimi: Africa’s top wedding photographer’

Blind to watch World Cup 2010 live

Provision has been made for the blind and visually impaired soccer fans to enjoy the first World Cup on African soil. According to FIFA.com 15 seats in six stadiums have been equipped with headphones and trained commentators to give live reports on the action on the pitch. Continue reading ‘Blind to watch World Cup 2010 live’


My tweets

Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.

RSS AfricaNews

  • An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.

RSS Ghana News

  • An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
June 2010
M T W T F S S
« May   Jul »
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930  

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 19,898 other followers